Conference “From Stigma to Justice – Sexual Violence in War”
Marking the International Day for the Elimination of Sexual Violence in Conflict, the Humanitarian Law Center (HLC) invites you to online conference “From Stigma to Justice – Sexual Violence in War “ that will take place on Tuesday, 15 June 2021 from 11:00 am via the Zoom application.
The conference will feature three panel discussions at which experts, each within their own field of expertise, will discuss the importance of reparations for victims of sexual violence, the stigma attached to victims of sexual violence, why women are not believed when testifying about the violence they experienced, as well as the ways to overcome trauma and the need for systematic support for these victims.
A G E N D A
11:00-12:30 Panel 1: “Reparations for victims of sexual violence – compensation award”
- Heleen Touquet, University of Antwerp
- Jasmin Mesić, attorney, former Chief Cantonal Prosecutor of the Una-Sana Canton
- Igor Cvetkovski, Global Survivor Fund
Moderator: Ivana Žanić, Executive Director of the HLC
12:45-14:15 Panel 2: “Rape trauma – why women’s testimonies must be believed”
- Lepa Mlađenović, feminist counsellor working with women with trauma of male violence, Serbia
- Marijana Senjak, psychotherapist, Women’s Room – Center for Victims of Sexual Violence, Croatia
- Mirlinda Sada, Executive Director of Women Association Medica Gjakova, Kosovo
Moderator: Sanja Pavlović, Autonomous Women’s Center, Serbia
14:30-16:00 Panel 3: “Overcoming sexual assault trauma – the need for systematic support for victims”
- Danijela Štajnfeld, Serbian actress and author of documentary “Hold Me Right”
- Ajna Jusić, president of the association “Forgotten Children of War”, BiH
- Dr Branka Antić Štauber, president of the association “Women Power”, BiH
Moderator: Ana Novaković, Serbian journalist and author of documentary “Do You Remember Me in Captivity?”
Please click the following link to register: bit.ly/konf1506zoom
Simultaneous translation into English is provided on Zoom.